The GasFields Commission uses the following social media services to complement its traditional public engagement
We use these channels to inform stakeholders of latest news, information, statistics, recommendations and upcoming events related to the gas and agricultural industries.
The GasFields Commission reserves the right to update this policy at any time.
The GasFields Commission cannot reply to everything we receive via our social media channels however we do read all comments, tweets and messages directed to us.
- We may occasionally use some automation (such as tools which generate posts from RSS feeds) but
intend that this will not dominate the messages posted.
- If stakeholders follow us, they can expect posts covering some or all of the following:
- Information relevant to Queensland rural communities, landholders, agricultural producers, local business owners, gas industry, regional councils and/or government
- Upcoming events relevant to rural Queensland and/or the gas industry
- Scientific facts, statistics, data and trends related to gas field communities and/or the gas industry
- Relevant government or industry initiatives
- Relevant government consultations
- Please do not post anything that could be considered:
- Off-topic, repetitive or inappropriate
- Abusive, defamatory or obscene
- Offensive in tone, language or graphically
- Harassment or personal attacks in reference or tone
- Personal or sensitive information about other users
- In violation of any intellectual property rights of another
- In violation of any law or regulation
- Deliberately misleading, incorrect or untrue information
- The GasFields Commission reserves the right to block, unfollow and/or report any social media account that we deem is in breach of the above guidelines or those held by the social media network provider.
- The GasFields Commission does not take any responsibility for any material posted by other accounts to the GasFields Commission’s social media channels. All content posted to or in relation to the GasFields Commission channels is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such content.
- The GasFields Commission reserves the right to remove or refuse to distribute any content on social media we deem to be outside the above guidelines.
- Social media network services may also reserve the right to remove any content users post on the GasFields Commission channels which is in violation of the service’s Terms of Service.
- If stakeholders follow us on social media we will not automatically follow them back. Being followed by the GasFields Commission does not imply endorsement of any kind.
- If the GasFields Commission is following you through any social media channels and you would prefer we did not, let us know and we will stop, or feel free to block our account.
- Social media services may occasionally be unavailable and we accept no responsibility for lack of service due to service downtime.
- The contents of the GasFields Commission social media pages are for general information only. The GasFields Commission does not warrant, guarantee or make any representations regarding the currency, accuracy, correctness, reliability, usability or any other aspect of content presented on the GasFields Commission social media pages, whether the content is provided by the GasFields Commission or others accessed through the GasFields Commission social media pages via links or connections to their websites or distribution services.
- The user accepts sole responsibility and all risk for using content presented on or accessed from the GasFields Commission social media channels. To the extent permitted by law, the GasFields Commission is not liable to any person in respect of any loss or damage (including consequential loss or damage) which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of content contained on and/or accessed from the GasFields Commission social media pages.
- The content on the GasFields Commission social media pages may include the views or recommendations of others, which do not necessarily reflect the views of the GasFields Commission, or indicate its commitment to a particular course of action.
- If you post content to the GasFields Commission social media pages, you are agreeing that:
- The GasFields Commission and its partners may freely use, reuse, edit and modify the content, including any ideas or suggestions you may make for our service, with or without attribution to you, wherever and however we see fit.
- You have permission to post content on these terms, including permissions from any other people who might have created, or be depicted or referred to within, the content.
- The GasFields Commission is not responsible for any misuse of user content or infringement of intellectual property rights by third parties who access the GasFields Commission social media pages.
- All content posted by the GasFields Commission on its social media pages (including content and artwork), except for content produced by others and reproduced with permission, is owned by the GasFields Commission.
- Apart from fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or review as permitted under Australian copyright law no part of the content posted by the GasFields Commission on its social media pages may be reproduced, modified, stored in a retrieval system, transmitted, broadcast, published or reused for any commercial purposes whatsoever by any party (with the exception of the social media network service under its licence) without the written permission of the GasFields Commission first being obtained.
- Any content you provide to the GasFields Commission and its partners via social media may be collected by the GasFields Commission, its partners and the social media network service.